Thursday, September 6, 2007

Digitally Imported Radio

Ever get tired of hunting for new music to listen to while you get into the daily grind? If so, you may want to check out Digitally Imported Radio. DI is an Internet Radio Service with a focus on Electronic Dance Music genres. There are multiple channels available from the main page, including streaming content for Trance, Ambient, Lounge, and Chillout music. Many of the stations are available for free in multiple formats, including mp3, Windows Media, and aacPlus. The free version is of slightly lower quality and contains commercials, but the DI Premium service doesn't have these nuances.

Why I like it

I confess I generally have terrible taste in music. Well, maybe not terrible but sub-par I'd imagine. The thing is, I can never find new music I enjoy easily because I don't really watch TV anymore and generally steer clear of conventional radio-not a great start for music discovery I know :) Thankfully, DI has done a fantastic job in providing a wide range of music that is varied enough that anyone should be able to tune into a station they can enjoy. I personally enjoy the Ambient and Chillout channels. I work in an office all day and find this type of music to be very relaxing.

Where can I get it?

You can hit the website at http://di.fm. The free stations are readily availabe from the home page, but to get the best experience you can sign up for the Premium service for $4.95 a month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.