Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Sumo Omni

This miraculous device is revolutionary! Ok, that may be pushing it, but in the words of Tyler Durden it's definitely a versatile solution to modern living. The Sumo Omni is a very contemporary, adaptable piece of furniture. I actually purchased mine a few months back because I wanted a comfortable chair for my office for playing my DS or reading. The challenge was I needed something that would be somewhat small to fit the limited space of my apartment and also be functional enough for other uses.

Why I Like It

The Sumo Omni is offered in a wide range of colors including pitch black, fiery red, tangerine(my favorite) and many others. Also, there are myriad of different ways you can configure the Omni making it well suited for a range of seating options. If memory serves me they show around ten on their website, but I'm sure creative individuals could come up with many more. One of my major concerns is that my chihuahua doesn't just have sharp claws, she has veritable talons at her disposal and being a lapdog, I was uneasy about her ripping a hole in my new Omni. Thankfully, the material on the outside is crafted of Ballistic nylon that has proven to be very durable and extremely stain resistant. The innards are filled with Virgin Polystyrene Foam which should be more resistant to compression. Not immune necessarily, but thankfully you can order more beads through Sumo's web site.

Who's it for?
  • Dorm Dwellers
  • Small apartment owners
  • Ikea fans who demand a level of functionality for their furniture
Where can you get one?

http://www.sumolounge.com While these typically go for $149.99 Sumo is currently having a summer sale where you can order one for $129.99.

No comments: